Etheridge Lane is a narrow, two-lane county dirt road that veers off of Hudson Road. It dead ends at this abandoned green house once home to the Etheridge family. (Private Property)
Live Oak Free Will Baptist Church was established in 1884 by Warren McDonald. It was seated under a grove of oak trees thus earning its name. In 1908 a second two-story church was built. It was also used by Woodmen of the World for their regular monthly meetings. This church was renovated in the 1950s. In 1976 a third and final church was built (seen above). It was dedicated on July 16, 1977.
Here is the original structure and an early pastor Brother (Reverend) J. G. Harris.
The meeting hall.
Inside, looking toward the alter.
One of two small Sunday School rooms.
Live Oak Free Will Baptist Cemetery
Judging from the size of this grave it belongs to a child.
* Historical photos were taken from The History of Baker County by the Baker County Historical Society.
Abandoned house off of Georgia Route 200 in Anna, Baker County. (Private Property)
The closet in the home seems to have been a cozy place for squirrels.
This well pump is located behind the house. Few remain today, this one is in rough shape.
The original structure was made of planks and then covered with tar paper to keep draft out. Notice how a rock is being used for a foundation.